Monday, January 9, 2012

Review - George Romero's Dead Time Stories

Ahem... an open letter to George A. Romero...
"I love Night of the Living Dead. It was the first movie that ever scared me AND for that and a bevy of other reasons it will always hold a special place in my heart. Also, Mr. Romero, I loves me some Dawn of the Dead, and, well day of the dead wasn’t horrible either, but please please stop. Just stop."

I went into this anthology with high hopes but I might as well have watched one of the Twilight Zone or Outer Limits clones that inevitably come out every year. This film is absolutely no different from any of the other knockoffs. That means it isn't horrible, but not good either

It starts with a cryptic, supposed-to-be-creepy intro by George and doesn’t get much better from there. The tales are bloody but ultimately transparent. There is no time where you don't see "it" inevitably coming. It all just feels rehashed.

On the bright side there are multiple stories that do have completely different angles. Between a vampire that makes house calls, a cannibalistic tribe and a mermaid you have quite a variety to choose from here. Like I said earlier: it is not bad... it is just average. BUT if Romero puts his name on it I think it should be of better quality...OR he could just like money..no harm, no foul George.

Like alway,s watch it because it is worth at least a perusing... if just for the corny intros Romero delivers.




2 and a hlf hypos

No comments:

Post a Comment